Men and women are called to different roles and functions within society. This is not a cultural norm, but transcends all cultures and in all times. Men, not women, are uniquely designed and equipped to protect their respective homes and nations.
Despite this fact, more women are moving into the police force. But here are eight reasons why a woman ought not to be a police officer or in the military:
1. NOT a Woman’s Spiritual make-up: Peter 3:3-4 urges women to cultivate a “gentle and quiet spirit.” Being a cop does not cultivate this. God did not create women to be the aggressive, assertive, or dominant sex, and yet, that is precisely what the feminists want and the police force needs.
2. NOT a Woman’s Physical make-up: Women are around 30-35% muscle by weight, while men are 40-50% muscle by body weight.Clearly God did not design women, as a whole and in general, with physical strength in mind. Clearly it was a role that God gave men. Why are women going against God’s obvious intent? If it is wrong for a man to hit a woman because he is stronger, then what about a woman who is a cop?
Chivalry is the paradoxical idea that the more weak and fragile a thing is, the more value it has. Women are not less valued by being weaker–they are less valued by not protecting and cherishing them. Treating women as if they were just as tough and strong as men is sin that Peter warns against (1 Peter 3:7).
3. Wrong Image: In the Song of Solomon, we see it is the woman’s job to bear the image of a flower, of beauty and fragility. “I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys.” Song 2:1. this is impossible to do as a Navy Seal. A woman should represent womanhood in the home AND outside the home. This cannot be done in the inherently masculine role of a cop or soldier.
4. Setting bad example: If it is not something you want your children to emulate, then why are you doing it? A woman as a cop or even a soldier can lead to confusion, and gender confusion leads to egalitarianism and homosexuality. The number of lesbians in the military and especially the police force are incredibly high. This is a correlation that many men in the military have noticed.
5. Scandalous: Furthering on the last note, I am afraid that a Christian woman who is a cop, is creating a scandal. Because of the reputation of female cops as lesbians is such a recognized truth among certain groups, it is pure scandal in the church of Christ. Eph. 5:3, “But sexual immorality and any impurity or greed should not even be heard of among you, as is proper for saints (Italics mine).”
6. Usurping /stealing man’s intended purpose and role: God gave the role of protection to men, so why are women taking it, as if they ‘have a right’ to it? This is not the natural order of things that God has set forth, and yet so many people instinctively know this. God does not screw up, nor is He arbitrary; He designed men and women for a purpose, and those purposes are not the same. A man’s role is to protect women, children, and society. Why do we have women who are not satisfied with their God-given roles?
7. Pragmatic Reason: Men are not being men, to a large degree, because women are not being women. Do you want your man to be a man? Then get out of his way and stop doing his job for him. Very, very, few men wish to have a wife who is a cop; it is shameful for a man if a woman is just as, or more so, of a man than he is. This is inherent in the way God made men and women. You want to increase your odds of getting married? Be a woman, not a man.
8. Cross-dressing is Wrong: Deuteronomy 22:5 condemns cross-dressing. John Calvin understood this prohibition to be directly about women wearing military uniforms. It is a perversion, it’s ungodly. Society ‘accepts’ men and women who cross dress, but that does not mean the God who created them does. Our God is not a God of confusion so why do we have women who are dressing up in the manliest clothes they can possibly wear? Because they want to be masculine. This is wrong, unhealthy, and only creates confusion. Just because society applauds women wearing clothes that makes are inherently masculine, does not mean the church should.
This feminist culture has redefined what it means to be a woman, now the church needs to redefine it again, back to what it should be.
Nothing could make plainer why the world is in its present state–and how that came to pass–than an understanding of the diametrically opposite principles of belief and unbelief. Despite the honest efforts of Christians and God-fearers to reason and demonstrate with the God-hating feminists, they have rejected every reasonable argument.
But no threat to the integrity and freedom of any human is concealed in the Christian doctrines. The only threat from Christianity is the war on the sin which hinders human flourishing and robs God of His honor — a war with which all earnest men must themselves fight. For the welfare of the believer is caught up with the welfare of those who do not believe. For this reason the Holy Spirit commanded the exiled believers in the Old Testament to “seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.” (Jer. 29:7).
No Christian-hater can say that the Christian is not in earnest, seeking what he believes is the genuine good of others. Our rejection of feminism and, white and black racism, and all ism’s which enslave, is no knee-jerk reaction, but a careful course charted out by the man whose God is named Love.
For Further Discussion:
Why One Woman Quit the Police Force on The Reformed Conservative
The Reformed Conservative aims to reunite gentlemanly virtues with scholarly conversation. Standing in the great Reformed and conservative heritage of thinkers like Edmund Burke and Abraham Kuyper, we humbly seek to inject civility into an informed conversation, one article at a time, bringing clarity out of chaos.